Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Rice Cooker

I used to not like the rice cooker. I actually burnt rice trying to cook rice in it, so I was suspicious. Instead, I used a pot and boiled my rice in the pot. However, I have finally figured out how to use a rice cooker successfully, and it is now one of the most used items in my kitchen. The one i have also has a steamer basket, which makes steaming things a snap. The downside, however, is that to get the rice cooker to work, you have to use at minimum one scoop of rice, which is about three servings. That's where I was getting tripped up before, because I was trying to make one serving of rice, which doesn't really work. If you only want one serving of rice, use a pot. However, if you have space, invest in a rice cooker! It means that watching the rice is one less thing you'll have to worry about while cooking.

2 comments:

  1. According to my friend who is Japanese and has used a rice cooker her whole life, you can keep the rice on warm for 2-3 days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete