Tuesday, March 10, 2015

BuzzFeed Clean Eating Challenge: Day 10

Today I hit the wall. I wasn't excited about any of it, and the lunch debacle really set the tone. I've been hungry all day, despite it being one of the higher calorie days. Recipes here.


Breakfast: Cauliflower Hash with Fried Eggs. Fine. Again, it was a pretty good way to use up leftover roasted cauliflower. In a unique turn of events, I actually undercooked the eggs.


Lunch: Arugula Salad with Eggplant, Avocado, Feta and Chickpeas. I took two bites and gave up. What a waste of fancy feta cheese. I can only eat eggplant under very specific circumstances, and cold, mushy leftover roasted eggplant is not once of them. I went across the street to the coffee shop and ordered the kale-chickpea salad. It also had quinoa and carrots, with a yogurt dressing in a very small container, so presumably of similar calorie content. It was not very satisfying. At least it was baby kale.


Afternoon Snack: Bell Pepper with Hummus. I don't like bell peppers, so I had leftover carrots from Friday.


Dinner: Kale and Shrimp Bowl with Mushroom and Avocado. Fine. Similar to the spinach and shrimp I make, but I usually pair it with some sort of carbs, so it's more satisfying. This was a really low-calorie dinner.


Evening Snack: Blackberries. Blackberries, still delicious.


This really was not enough food to sustain me for the day, especially because I exercised. I know all these veggies are supposed to be filling, but they're really not. I ate a few potato chips to tide me over, but it wasn't enough. I need more carbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment