Thursday, March 5, 2015

BuzzFeed Clean Eating Challenge: Day 5

I had to switch things up a bit today, since breakfast called for another omelet, which I didn't have time to make, so I swapped it with Friday's. Recipes here.

Breakfast: Chia Seed Pudding with Mango and Pistachio (actually Friday's breakfast). Pretty good, but I'm used to chia seed pudding. I don't love (or really like) mango, so in the future I'd use a different fruit. I'd also reduce the sugar content, because it was a bit sweet, but that may have been because the recipe called for honey, which I don't think dissolved well.


Lunch: Quinoa, Fennel, Blueberry Salad with Mint and Lime. Did not put fennel on this. Gave the rest of the fennel to Carl last night. Blech. Not the greatest of salads. A bit bland, and not very satisfying.


Afternoon Snack: Carrots and Hummus. Again, I'm not sure I got the right size carrots. I just ate carrots until the hummus was gone, and then saved the rest for tomorrow. There were A LOT of carrot sticks from my four carrots.


Dinner: Simple Roasted Salmon with Lentils and Green Beans. I love salmon, so this was good. Unfortunately, the piece of salmon I got was very thick in the middle and very thin on the sides, so it cooked a bit unevenly. Oh, well.


Evening Snack: Blueberries with Almonds. Pretty self-explanatory. I definitely needed a snack after yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment