Tuesday, March 3, 2015

BuzzFeed Clean Eating Challenge: Day 3

Today's food was pretty good, and filling. Except for before dinner (which I'll get to later), I was satiated all day. Recipes can be found here.


Breakfast: Blackberry Yogurt Parfait. Since I used low-fat yogurt and not non-fat, I reduced the amount of yogurt from one cup to 3/4 of a cup. I should have also reduced the flax, since it was a little bit dry, but not too bad. I liked this, but I also eat something similar for a snack many days. I really liked the blackberries, but they're usually expensive so I don't normally get them. I should eat them more. A good, filling breakfast.


Lunch: Asian Chicken Salad with Tamari-Lime Dressing. Again, I don't think these people have any idea how big certain foods are. This called for half a head of Napa cabbage, which would feed about four people. I just chopped up leaves until my container was full. Pretty good lunch. The "tamari" (I actually used regular soy sauce) cut down the lime in the vinaigrette and made it way less citrus-y. I liked this.


Afternoon Snack: Lemony Avocado. This was supposed to be 3/4 of an avocado with lemon juice, but I used an extra bit for dinner last night. I have texture issues with avocados, so I mashed it up with the lemon juice, salt, and pepper, and then used it as a dip for carrots. I didn't have enough carrots to eat it all.


Dinner: Cauliflower Steaks with Lentils. I really liked this. I probably undercooked the lentils, but I was super-hungry. I will definitely add paprika to my lentils in the future, and maybe soy sauce. It was a little on the sweet side, so I'd probably reduce the honey.


Evening Snack: Almond Milk Heated with Dark Chocolate. All my chocolate sunk to the bottom, which was fine. This isn't a very filling snack, but I also had it basically an hour after dinner.


I was very satisfied with today. Tuesday is my exercise day, and I was able to do my three miles on the treadmill, although I did feel a little tired by the end. That might have been tired muscles from yoga, though. Unfortunately, I didn't read the recipe and found out the lentils take an hour to cook at 7:30 PM. Thus, by the time everything was done I was very hungry and then wolfed it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment