Monday, March 2, 2015

Buzzfeed Clean Eating Challenge: Day 2

In the interest of full disclosure, I forgot to mention yesterday that I ate the skin off the chicken instead of disposing of it. I did the same today when I got my second chicken breast. #Sorrynotsorry. Now, on to today. Recipes can be found here.


Breakfast: Overnight oats with Blueberries and Chia seeds. Pretty standard. I used blueberries that we had frozen from when we went blueberry picking in August. I also used low-fat yogurt, since that's what I had. When I usually make this I use only a teaspoon of chia seeds, and a higher almond milk:yogurt ratio, which makes it a little more liquid-y. I think I prefer that, but overall a good start to the day.


Lunch: Kale, Chickpea, and Fennel Salad with Orange Vinaigrette. I was surprised at how few chickpeas were supposed to go in this. A quarter of a cup is half a serving of chickpeas. Also, after shaving some of the fennel, tasting it, and realizing it sucked, I skipped the fennel. This was not very filling.


Afternoon Snack: Sliced tomato with Basil and Feta. This was a lot of tomato, and then there was even more tomato for dinner. Too much tomato, and I like tomato.


Dinner: Napa Cabbage Wraps with Tomato, Chicken, Mango, and Avocado. I made this into a salad. Again, the vinaigrette was too citrus-y. I think the people that wrote this recipe have no idea how much juice is in a citrus, because I felt like the salad was drowning. I also used half the avocado, because I was so hungry, and there is no way I can eat 3/4 of an avocado plain as a snack tomorrow (I have texture issues with avocado). I couldn't finish this due to the high acid content, and I was starting to get really full.


Evening Snack: Two clementines. Not a lot to say, other than I only ate one.


Today was hard. Lunch/afternoon snack were not very filling, and I was so hungry by the time dinner came. I ate some pineapple while getting it ready, but since I only ate one clementine, I'm fine with it. I also had to skip cookie time/pub with the speaker, because I knew I would crack. Trivia wasn't as bad, because I don't always get food, but I did feel weird eating my clementine.

1 comment:

  1. I was not hungry at lunch, so I skipped lunch. But I love fennel. So I threw it into dinner and my husband said dinner tasted "very fresh". I really liked dinner, but I didn't make their vinaigrette. I just took a lime and squeezed it over the salad, as well as put the oil over it.

    ReplyDelete