Monday, March 9, 2015

BuzzFeed Clean Eating Challenge: Day 9

The combo of prepping breakfast, lunch, and my snack this morning took way too long, although I guess I did kind of dawdle this morning, too. Recipes here.


Breakfast: Sweet and Savory Apple Omelet. I'm not sure what part made this savory. Maybe the olive oil? I liked this, but the olive oil was kind of weird. It was too strong a flavor. I'd use butter or coconut oil if I made this again. Also, I felt like it really needed brie. Again, omelets are pretty time consuming to make. My flip got messed up, too.


Lunch: Raw Collard Wraps with Turkey Meatballs, Dijon, and Avocado. I didn't use a whole tomato here, just a a few slices. I couldn't really get mine to roll. The collard green didn't really add a lot, so by the last one I just took it off and threw it out. I still really like the meatballs. I should do more wraps for lunch once this is over.


Afternoon Snack: Blackberries and Yogurt. I eat fruit and yogurt a lot normally, but not blackberries. They are delicious and I should eat them more, but they tend to be on the expensive side. Lunch was surprisingly filling, and I didn't end up eating my snack until 5 PM.


Dinner: Fried Quinoa with Snap Peas, Mushrooms, and Scrambled Eggs. I rushed home because I thought this would take FOREVER to make, but it only took 30 minutes. I was pleasantly surprised. They did want me to use way more pans than necessary, though. I liked this way more than I thought, since I'm not a big fan of mushrooms, but they don't really have a strong flavor when cooked that long.


Evening Snack: Pear with Almond Butter. I ate this in a restaurant while everyone else ate real food and it was kind of awkward. I'm still kind of hungry, though.


Overall, I feel like I have way more energy and I'm a lot less tired. This may be in part because I might have mild anemia, and I've been eating way more meat than usual. It might also be the joy that the semi-warm weather and the late sunset brings to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment