Wednesday, March 4, 2015

BuzzFeed Clean Eating Challenge: Day 4

Today started off pretty well, but ended poorly. Recipes here.

Breakfast: Scallion and Feta Omelet. A little onion-y, but I got to use my fancy fresh, local, sheep's-milk feta, which was very tasty and creamy. Omelets are kind of time-consuming, and maybe not the best weekday morning breakfast item. Also, two teaspoons of olive oil is not enough oil to be able to flip the omelet, which is a skill that I am not great at under the best of circumstances, so this turned out to be a little more like scrambled eggs, but still fine.


Lunch: Greek Salad with Lentils and Lime Vinaigrette. I misread the directions and used up all the lime vinaigrette yesterday, so I just used oil and balsamic. I also don't like bell peppers, so I left those out, but overall a pretty good salad.


Afternoon Snack: Mango-Banana Smoothie with Chia Seeds. I think my banana or mango was underripe, because this was kind of bland. I was surprised at how well it held up in my thermos in the refrigerator, though. Unfortunately, my office is really cold so it was hard to drink a smoothie today.


Dinner: Roasted Chicken Breast with Fennel and Spinach. I tried to choke this down, but it triggered my gag reflex, so I basically just ate the chicken. Fennel is kind of a strong flavor, and the spinach was just really dry.


Evening Snack: 2 dates stuffed with one almond each. Eh.


Because I knew that dinner was going to be iffy, I ate the random left-over half of a banana, as well as the half of the orange left-over from the other day. It helped soothe my desire for sweets.

No comments:

Post a Comment